Xensam is a fast-growing, young, and hungry entrepreneur-driven SaaS company developing the next generation of Software Asset Management software, powered by AI and cloud-based. We are in the scale-up phase and while we have many roles to fill, we still strive to find the best people who also are passionate about what they do. This is so that we can keep up with the high & enthusiastic energy that flows through the organization today. We surely know that experience is important - but we also believe that you, the person behind it, is the one who makes it count.
About the role
As our Database Developer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the performance, integrity, and security of our company's databases. You will work closely with our development and operations teams, providing support and guidance to optimize our SQL/PostgreSQL database systems, as well as implementing efficient data models. The ideal candidate is passionate about database management, possesses at least 3-5 years of hands-on experience with PostgreSQL, and thrives in an environment that values freedom of work and the ability to get things done.
- Take ownership by maintaining and managing of our SQL/PostgreSQL database systems, performing routine database administration tasks, such as database monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to design and implement efficient database structures and schemas.
- Engage in database concept refinement, data modeling, and the fine-tuning of SQL queries for optimal system performance.
- Monitor database performance and proactively identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues, including query optimization and data consistency problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and enforce database standards and best practices.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in SQL and database administration.
- 3-5 years of professional experience working with databases.
- Strong proficiency in SQL/PostgreSQL database administration and performance tuning.
- Excellent understanding of database concepts, data modeling, and SQL query optimization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex database-related issues.
- Proven ability to work independently, take ownership of projects, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong proficiency in English is required, with proficiency in Swedish being a highly valued asset.
Bonus points for
- SQL/PostgreSQL certification (e.g., SQL/PostgreSQL Certified Professional) is a plus.
- Experience with other database technologies, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle Database, MongoDB etc.
- Experience in the field of software licensing generally, or Software Asset Management specifically.
What we offer
- A dynamic role that focuses on "freedom under responsibility"
- 3 days in-office schedule (remote Mondays & Fridays)
- A generous work culture with free access to beverage coolers, snacks, gym, and bi-weekly massages at the office, etc.
- Shuffleboard, video, and other games in the office
Yearly target trip if reached the goal (latest trip was to Cape Town, South Africa)
- Work with a diverse group driven by ambition as well as having fun together with different activities
- Great opportunity to influence your career development as well as the company's
- Work with the latest technology in the fastest-growing SAM software in the market
At Xensam, our core values define our workplace atmosphere:
REBELLIOUS We encourage the rebellious spirit, emphasizing that our employees should feel a sense of freedom within their responsibilities and be encouraged to take initiative.
HUMANE Our team embodies being humane, creating a supportive environment where genuine care and teamwork thrive.
HARMONY We prioritize harmony, valuing work-life balance, and creating a pleasant atmosphere.
Join Xensam, where our values guide us toward a balanced, collaborative, and caring workplace. If you see yourself as a team player with a desire to learn, grow, and develop as a professional - we encourage you to APPLY!